Software Engineer (Backend)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Software Development
Wavo is looking for intermediate and senior developers to join our engineering team.
Digital advertising, technology, & data are changing the way artists & brands approach advertising. With Wavo you will get the rare chance to create services that will be used by today’s top artists, managers and brands to help them grow their business through Wavo’s advertising, analytics, and business automation products.
Wavo’s engineering team is small and efficient, and while we work to a high standard we don’t over-manage with specs. We strive to build a workplace where everyone works hard and gets passionate about the big challenges.
We can promise you will never be bored. We are constantly experimenting, testing new approaches and challenging ourselves to master new skills. We try to think outside of the box and build an environment that’s both exciting and meaningful.
About The Role
Collaborate with a diverse team of engineers to implement new features, improvements and fixes needed to build and extend our advertising, and data management platform. Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior engineers on the team.
- Technically strong, with 2+ years of experience developing and shipping code for production systems
- A good communicator and enjoy interacting with people
- Collaborative and work well with a team
- Passionate about working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, and secure
- Naturally curious, enthusiastic and have a strong desire to learn and improve
- Have a high degree of proficiency developing and maintaining GraphQL APIs
- Have strong SQL skills and are familiar with PostgreSQL
- Have experience integrating with a variety of APIs and services
- Are familiar with Amazon AWS services including S3 and RDS
- Current in relevant technologies and know how to implement them effectively
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote enabled environment
- Are comfortable having ownership and control of a project
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Competitive Equity
- Group health and dental insurance plan
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Free tickets to shows and festivals
- Delicious office snacks
- Company outings & activities
- A dynamic work environment
- Being a part of innovation at the nexus of music, marketing/advertising, and technology
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈