Software Engineering Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Collage.com’s mission is to make custom products easy for everyone, by creating fantastic software and providing excellent customer service. Collage.com is a 100% employee-owned, profitable, bootstrapped company with about 60 employees that has rapidly grown from $4 to $50 million in annual revenue since 2013. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Collage.com has appeared more than a dozen times on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and three times on “The View.” We’ve also appeared multiple times on the “TODAY Show,” along with mentions in BuzzFeed, Mashable, AARP: The Magazine, the Associated Press, and more. We are seeking ambitious, nice individuals to join us in our quest to bring great custom products to the world. Learn more about working at Collage.com.
Collage.com is a 100% remote company, with employees working together in states across the country. Last year, our remote work culture was profiled in a case study by the Harvard Business School (we are the first all-remote company they profiled). The entire company meets together in person twice a year (all expenses paid) to get to know each other and work on strategy. Learn more in an op-ed our co-founder Kevin Borders wrote for MLive.com.
We are seeking an ambitious and nice engineering leader who is passionate about creating an ideal environment for humans to build software. We believe that supporting engineers by investing in the best management, systems, and processes is critical to attracting top talent and building a great product. We are looking for people who share this vision, excel at empathizing with their teammates, and have strong problem-solving skills. As an engineering manager, you will be responsible for the holistic well-being and productivity of 3-6 engineers on one of our three teams, as well as building and improving processes, setting technical priorities, and doing some hands-on technical work.
- Manage a team of several mid- to senior-level full-stack software engineers, structuring their roles and providing guidance to ensure their success and continued personal growth.
- Work closely with product managers to build a great product using lean principles.
- Collaborate with team members to prioritize improvements to code quality and systems.
- Work with direct reports, peers, and upper management to drive continuous improvement and higher standards at all levels of the company.
- Perform some individual contributor work to stay in touch with the challenges facing others on the team.
- Participate in hiring and interviewing engineers.
- 2+ years leading software engineers, including a demonstrated track record of solving complex management problems and motivating people to do their best work.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, including experience building a large-scale web application using modern lean product development techniques.
- High degree of empathy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent at clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Working from home makes it easier to focus on results and develop professionally while spending less time commuting. (See our opinion piece on perks and work-life balance at mlive.com.)
- 401(k) plan, home internet reimbursement, and $3,000 / year in free Collage.com products plus employee discount for friends and family.
- Collage.com pays 100% of the premium for full health, vision and dental insurance coverage for you and your family in a high-quality Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan.
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy (work hard and take time when you need it).
- We’ll pay for computer and home office equipment (within reason) that will help you work better.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈