1 month ago
Hiring from: USA Only
Osmosis is seeking an Adjunct Instructor to ensure that we are providing our students with the best instruction and clinical experience for our nursing assistant educational program in the State of Oregon. In this role, you will be working with the Program Director and the rest of the Nursing Assistant Program team to provide instruction (online, in Skills Lab, and during their clinical rotations) and identify, secure, and coordinate clinical opportunities for our students. This program will offer a pathway to meaningful employment opportunities and help to relieve staffing shortages in the healthcare industry.
We build educational programming that saves lives.
Every person’s career should hold meaning. At Osmosis we find meaning in creating exceptional learning experiences that help students, healthcare professionals, patients, and the public learn medical knowledge. We empower our users to be successful in inspiring healthcare roles and help them save lives.
We are a values-driven, distributed team of creative problem solvers. We innovate and are expected to make mistakes, that we learn from and fix quickly, and we believe in servant leadership. Our CEO will get on a call to help a student, and we expect everyone on our team to roll up their sleeves as needed to get the job done.
As we are an ed-tech organization, we believe in the engagement of true learning experiences as a team. We aim to foster both professional and personal growth. Whether it be using a professional development stipend to attend management seminars or speaking with our personal wellness coach—we understand that our employees are at their best when they live balanced lives.
About the Role
Every role in Osmosis is designed to build upon our shared goal: provided healthcare education resources to over 1 billion people by 2025.
As an Adjunct Instructor, you will report to our Program Director and will oversee a local team of instructors to ensure that we develop and maintain a gold-standard Nursing Assistant Program in the State of Oregon. This position will be supported by the distributed Osmosis team which includes subject matter experts, curriculum designers, content creators, marketers, product developers, human resources, and more.
While we lay out the responsibilities we see in the role, part of every role at Osmosis is your ability to better the role.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Program Director in all program aspects as deemed necessary, examples include:
- Delivering didactic core course materials
- Recording test and quiz grades
- Providing effective teaching strategies that encourage student and instructor interaction
- Assisting with student counseling
- Being available for office hours, every 48-72 hours
- Validating student competency
- Establishing new and maintaining current clinical practice site partnerships
- Coordinating the placement of students at clinical practice sites.
- Developing and monitoring clinical assignments and schedules for students
- Assisting with student orientation for the clinical practice sites
- Maintaining clinical records of rotations, attendance, and student evaluations
- Working with the Program Director and faculty to plan and conduct clinical education
- Providing clinical instruction as assigned by the Program Director
- Facilitating direction and guidance of clinical instructors
This position starts as a part-time/adjunct position with the potential to expand to full time. It will require the ability to work in Portland, Oregon-area facilities.
What Impact you’ll have
The Adjunct Instructor will own the instructional and clinical experiences of our Nursing Assistant program students. Accordingly, they will be responsible for:
- Student achievement of program outcomes
- The number of licenses granted to our students after completing our program
- The retention rate of each cohort
- The number of clinical affiliation agreements
Your success directly impacts the team’s ability to offer this program in the State of Oregon.
Your success directly impacts students by being able to offer them convenient, world-class training.
You Must Have:
- A current, unencumbered license to practice as an RN in the State of Oregon.
- Two years of nursing experience, including:
- At least one year of nursing experience in a licensed nursing facility (skilled nursing, assisted living, rehabilitation care facilities)
- At least one year as a nurse educator, a primary instructor in a nursing assistant program or as a nurse administrator
- Teaching experience or educational preparation for teaching adults
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A desire to change the world through education
- Adaptability. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded.
- Resourcefulness. You seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members. You don’t wait for someone else to pick up the slack.
- A desire to be a lifelong learner. You consume content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) that is relevant to your craft, our company, and our customers and you apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Mission and Value Alignment. You resonate with our organizational values
Nice to Have:
- Experience as a nursing assistant or experience teaching nursing assistants
- Experience working in a high-growth environment
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work diligently to produce excellent results with limited time and resources.
- Experience in curriculum development, supervision, instruction, evaluation, and counseling of learners.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈