FanSided, a brand of Minute Media, is one of the fastest-growing networks of fandom-focused sports, entertainment, and lifestyle sites on the internet. FanSided consists of a thriving collection of more than 300 communities dedicated to bringing together fans to share their common passions. For more information, check out https://fansided.com/.
We foster an environment that encourages creativity, teamwork, and openness. We are a group of passionate, hardworking, and talented individuals who love to work collaboratively.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a creative-minded, sports expert who thrives in an exciting, fast-paced environment to join our FanSided editorial team as an Associate Editor. As an Associate Editor, your primary responsibility and the majority of your time will be covering the Dallas Cowboys and creating content at a high volume. In addition, you will be tasked with monitoring and maintaining real-time traffic as well as editing the work of multiple contributors and staff writers.
- Provide daily content and write at least 25-35 articles a week, with a reasonable mix of one-page opinion pieces and well-crafted multi-page content.
- Use Facebook and Twitter to grow the brands and audiences surrounding your site(s).
- Build a strong sense of community and pride around your site with your audience and contributors through friendly communication. Tap into specific fan bases by understanding the way they follow their team(s) and how they react to the news, wins, losses, etc. on social media.
- Strive toward building traffic growth - users, sessions, and pageviews. Set goals for Year-over-year improvements and share them with your supervisor.
- Work with your director and/or supervisor to form a solid strategy, including content creation for search engines, social influencers, and other referral sources. Must be versatile and able to adjust to both short- and long-form content needs.
- Follow company Best Practices in all things, including SEO, social media, and content.
- Be a great teammate - be willing to work with your director, supervisor, contributors, and fellow FanSiders, and Minute Media team members. Be willing to jump in and help wherever needed with a great attitude and enthusiasm.
What You Have:
- 1-2 years of digital sports editorial writing experience with basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and a passion/intermediate knowledge of all major sports.
- Ability to quickly brainstorm, produce, and edit clean and interesting analyses on a variety of trending/viral topics, multiple times a day in a timely manner.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize different objectives utilizing both a content schedule and flexibility to cover necessary breaking news stories outside its confines.
- Ability to closely follow direction and style.
- Flexible schedule with availability on nights and weekends for a total of 40 hours per week.
What You’ll Get
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a fast-growing company
- Career development opportunities & different skill-based workshops offered each quarter
- Fun company events and celebrations with a focus on DEI each quarter
- We highly value team collaboration, empathy, and respect towards one another and see this as a key component to delivering the best results
- Employee donation matching program
- Community involvement opportunities, both in-person and remote
- We hire 100% remote talent across the nation
- Free 8 personal coaching & 8 therapy sessions with top-tier providers that are totally confidential
- $950 work-from-home stipend that can be used towards furniture, headphones, wifi, and much more!
- Free swag and gift cards are given throughout the year
- Competitive medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k benefits
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time