Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
Our office is currently remote. Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. Upon our return to the office, the expectation is that this role can be based out of Jersey City, NJ, offering a hybrid work schedule, or can be fully remote.
Forbes Vetted (Forbes’ product reviews and recommendations site) is seeking a home & kitchen writer to join the commerce editorial team. This role will be responsible for pitching and writing at least 6 pieces of affiliate content per week under the guidance of the Forbes Vetted Home & Kitchen Editor. Areas of coverage may depend on expertise, but will likely include furniture, decor, appliances, mattresses, cleaning, kitchen goods, DIY and pets.
- Pitching stories based on SEO data, trends, seasonality and audience data
- Daily writing in these markets: general home & kitchen, furniture, appliances, decor, organization, pets and garden
- Working with the Forbes Vetted business team to optimize content for SEO and revenue
- Responsible for pitching and writing a minimum of 6 stories per week. Types of content will include SEO focused roundups, best lists, reviews, news stories, product odes, deals roundups and new product spotlights
- Co-ordinating, calling in and testing products as needed
- Updating evergreen content based on performance and seasonality
- Should have category expertise across the home & kitchen sector or come with specific subject matter expertise in one or more of the categories mentioned above
- Must have impeccable writing skills and instincts.
- Must have a strong understanding of SEO and user intent as it pertains to shopping content
- Prior experience writing product guides, reviews and/or affiliate content is required
- Must have an appropriate taste level to be able to curate products for the Forbes audience
- Is tuned in to everyday news and product cycle to spot new coverage opportunities
- Should thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Be willing and able to engage in teamwork with others for the greater good
- Should have availability to work some nights and weekends during peak shopping times of the year (Black Friday, etc).
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive equity. We are the world’s biggest business media brand and we consistently place in the top 20 of the most-popular sites in the United States, in good company with brands like Netflix, Apple and Google. In short, we have a big platform and we use it responsibly.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time