1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
The Education department at Adaptavist creates resources to help people learn about Adaptavist products and how to work better together. As a Technical Writer, you’ll be a member of the Documentation team and contribute to Adaptavist's software product documentation and training delivered by the Education dept.
As a Technical Writer, you need the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and processes and make them easily understandable through text and graphics. You need to be a team player who can communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical audiences, as well as Adaptavist internal teams.
Some of the things you’ll do:
Your main responsibility will be to contribute to the creation and maintenance of Adaptavist product documentation.
- Design and format content to appropriately meet the requirements for target audiences with a variety of technical knowledge
- Apply a thorough understanding of grammar, sentence structure, and writing voice to create and edit a document.
- Work with engineers and product managers to gather information related to products and processes and document this information.
- Create technical documentation to support the range of Adaptavist products in line with learning activities and specific customer requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- Self-discipline and time management skills to work autonomously.
- Enjoys working and engaging with a highly collaborative team on projects.
- Seeks opportunities to learn more about software products, their features and usability
- Experienced in thinking critically about information, services, and processes.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality documentation with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to write for technical concepts, how they map to product features, and how the features solve client business problems to both technical and non-technical audiences of different knowledge levels.
A few nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence as an end-user.
- Experience or understanding with adult learning theory and instructional design concepts.
- Experience working with a global and/or culturally diverse team across a complex matrix environment.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to attend conferences, events, and team meetings (travel is likely < 20% of your time).
Our amazing benefits:
Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Adaptavist now and in the years to come.
- Flexible Hours and Remote Working
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Top Spec Machines
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- International Travel
- Company Pension Plan
- Healthcare Plan
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈