1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Postman is seeking an experienced UX Writer to join our distributed UX Design teams. As a UX writer, you will understand and advocate for various audiences and user needs. You will design content and messaging that successfully guides users through involved interactions and improves overall user experience. As a self-starter, you will work independently to learn and maintain a superior understanding of the Postman platform and about APIs in general. You will be an advocate for the power of content in the user experience and work with design and product teams to continually improve Postman’s messaging and overall experience.
- Provide UX writing and guidance on design needs to support messaging and other formats of content informing optimal user experiences
- Write clear and concise content using best practices for instructional, informational and error messaging
- Maintain high level of organization for content and messaging reflecting changes in a rapid delivery environment
- Contribute to and maintain a growing taxonomy for all content
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a usable product copy style guide to share with content strategists, designers, product managers, success teams, and education developers
- Collaborate across several design and development teams in a fast paced environment
- Work with product, marketing, success and education teams to ensure consistency across the Postman product, website, training, sales, and other communications
- Deliver high quality content that is technically accurate by ensuring reviews by all stakeholders and ensure project deadlines are met
- Understand content strategy and be aware of strategic opportunities to share with the content team
- Be an advocate for the user experience impact of content writing and content strategy
- Collaborate across teams and timezones for productive remote work
- 3+ years of UX writing experience including transactional product design
- Demonstrated experience working with interactive workflows
- Strong understanding of various message types, error handling and error workflows
- Familiarity with writing, updating, and adhering to style guides
- Clear, concise writing style
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning technology
- Experience working with design teams and collaborating on wireframes and prototypes with a strong portfolio of work
- Familiarity with standard style guides, spelling, and punctuation for American style English, such as The Chicago Manual of Style, Merriam-Webster, or other.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our Wellness Program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Quarterly team offsites and monthly happy hours will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈